1. Le Labo: Rose 31: Garrett fell in love with the scent of this lotion in a hotel while interviewing with a firm last year. He tracked down the maker and I gave him this cologne for part of his Law School graduation gift. I cannot convey to you the amazingness of this scent. They make each bottle to order, it was printed with his name on the label, and the best way I can tell you how amazing this smells is by directing you to the description of the scent on the website. No other cologne compares. Period.
2. Charles Tyrwhitt Dress Shirts: Garrett learned about this brand of London-based shirts while working on the hill in DC last summer. If you have any questions or have to call the company, you get to speak to a polite worker with a delightful English accent. I thought up questions I didn’t even really have just to stay on the phone with them a bit longer. Also, do your man a favor and get him a spread collar next time you get him a dress shirt. They work wonders with ties.
3. Allen Edmonds: I am jealous of these shoes. This is my favorite style and color. Hands down. And they make our whole closet smell like leather. I would wear these if I could (I do stop and smell them on a regular basis. Nothing weird about that).
4. & 5. J. Crew Tie and Pocket Square: Great tie, classic print, good width. Pocket squares are a new look for Garrett and I am in love with the herringbone.
6. The Body Shop Shave Brush: This makes shaving a little more enjoyable for Garrett and creates a nice thick lather. It also reminds me of when Smee shaves Captain Hook. If it’s good enough for the Captain it’s good enough for your man.
7. Cufflinks: Cufflinks to dudes are kind of like shoes are to women.
They can be as loud and fashionable as you want them to be.