Since starting my blog back in 2010, Elle Apparel has grown and evolved along with me. Sometimes I get so focused on researching and working on new content for Elle Apparel, that I forget to look back on the past content I have created on my blog or Instagram. It was so fun to look back through my adventures, shoots, and posts from 2016. This past year I started incorporating more of Garrett and the boys in my shoots, got really serious about diet and exercise, created some of my favorite clothing tutorials, started my YouTube Channel, and so much more. Here is a look back at my favorite moments throughout the year, and all of my favorite posts in each category on Elle Apparel…
HIGHLIGHTS FROM 2016
- I attended my first Reward Style Conference in Texas and wrote all about the blogging secrets and business strategies I learned in this post.
- I had my very first meet and greet with Abby up in Utah! I got to meet so many sweet readers, and I was absolutely blown away at the turn out!
- I got to shoot lots of fun posts with my boys. These shoots are always the most stressful, but are always my very favorite images. This shoot and this shoot were some of my favorites of 2016.
- I wore a lot of white. Like..a lot. Here, here, here, here, here…you get the idea.
- I got to be part of a TV show called Random Acts, and helped style the most wonderfully deserving girl and give her the wardrobe of her dreams.
- I let myself be a little more vulnerable and opened up about how I really feel about having 3 boys (this was probably the post I am the most proud of from 2016), along with some of my beauty struggles.
- I was interviewed about my thoughts on motherhood and was surprised to see that my boys were interviewed about me! The video from this post always makes me cry. It’s such a treasure to me!
- We took the whole family to Hawaii! It was one of our favorite trips to date. I wrote all about what we did and included videos from our trip in this post and in this post.
- After a year in the works, I launched the complete redesign of Elle Apparel and celebrated with my biggest giveaway ever! I gave away over $1000 worth of my favorite products.
- I enjoyed a relaxing girls weekend with my favorite California bloggers in Beverly Hills.
- I was able to nurse Eli longer than any of my other babies, and transitioned him to a bottle. (I still miss nursing!)
- I attended my second NYFW, and it was one of the best trips I have ever had. You can see all of my NYFW posts here, here, here, here, here and here.
- I launched my weekly Instagram Roundup blog posts, making it super easy to get links to outfits that I didn’t shoot specifically for the blog.
- I found the perfect little black dress and shared an intimate story behind how Garrett and I celebrate our anniversary.
1. PINK WALL BLACK SKIRT || 2. DENIM X DENIM || 3. BABY BLUE LACE TOP || 4. WHITE PEPLUM TOP || 5. NAVY/WHITE STRIPED DRESS || 6. HOW TO ACHIEVE THE PERFECT ‘MOMIFORM’ || 7. ALL WHITE LOOK || 8. NAVY CROCHET DRESS || 9. FRINGE DRESS || 10. BLACK AND WHITE STRIPED BOW SUIT || 11. LIGHT BLUE SWING DRESS || 12. MILITARY JACKET + DISTRESSED DENIM || 13. LIGHT BLUE BOW BLOUSE || 14. GREY TOP + ARMY GREEN JOGGERS || 15. EMBELLISHED MILITARY JACKET (I think this was my favorite look of the whole year!) || 16. ROYAL BLUE LACE DRESS || 17. MIDI PEPLUM SKIRT || 18. BLACK WESTERN BOOTIES || 19. ALL GREY OUTFIT || 20. EXCLAMATION POINT SWEATER || 20. BLACK VELVET DRESS
1. OFF THE SHOULDER TASSLE TOP TUTORIAL || 2. FAUX WRAP DRESS TUTORIAL || 3. OFF THE SHOULDER DRESS TUTORIAL || 4. RED SWING TASSLE DRESS TUTORIAL || 5. POM POM KAFTAN TUTORIAL || 6. GOLDEN BELL SLEEVE DRESS TUTORIAL
1. SIMPLE TRICKS FOR GETTING BACK INTO SHAPE AFTER A BABY || 2. MY FAVORITE INNER THIGH SQUAT EXERCISE + HOW TO GET MOTIVATION TO WORKOUT || 3. HOW I CUT SUGER FROM MY DIET || 4. FIVE TIPS FOR PERFECTING THE ATHLEISURE TREND
1. ICE CREAM WITH MY BOYS || 2. THE TOP 10 SPOTS TO VISIT IN LA WITH KIDS || 3. 11 TIPS ON HOW TO SHOOT A FAMILY VACATION VIDEO LIKE A PRO || 4. THE BEST TRICKS FOR TRAVELING WITH KIDS || 5. TIPS ON HOW TO TAKE PHOTOS WITH KIDS || 6. OUR HAWAII TRIP ROUND-UP || 7. UNDER THE SEA HALLOWEEN COSTUMES || 8. TEACHING MY BOYS ABOUT GRATITUDE || 9. MY FAVORITE CHRISTMAS TRADITION WITH MY KIDS
1. A SIMPLE TRICK TO CREATING THE PERFECT FLOWER ARRANGEMENT EVERY TIME || 2. A PRETTY TUTORIAL FOR WRAPPING A GIFT || 3. HOW TO MAKE A BOUQUET TO BRING AS A HOSTESS GIFT || 4. AN EASY WAY TO DISPLAY YOUR PAST CHRISTMAS CARDS
FAVORITE BRANDS I HAVE WORKED WITH IN 2016
- KATE SPADE
- RACHEL ZOE
- OLD NAVY
- HEAD AND SHOULDERS
Thank you all so much for reading and for your kind comments on my blog and on my instagram. I feel like I have really connected with a lot of you! (…probably because I let it all hang out on Insta Stories and Snapchat 😉 ) I’m excited to share some new projects I have in the works for 2017.
CHECK OUT THE BEST OF ELLE APPAREL 2015 HERE