NAVY/WHITE STRIPED BLAZER WITH GOLD BUTTONS (wearing a size small, runs TTS) || NAVY WIDE LEG PANTS (wearing a Small, run a hair big, if in between sizes order down) || SIMILAR WHITE TOP || SIMILAR HEALS || SIMILAR BAG || SIMILAR NECKLACE
I am on a big blazer kick recently. Velvet, oversized, knit, formal, casual, you name it. But I simply cannot pass up a good blazer with gold buttons, and this navy and white striped blazer with gold buttons had my name written all over it. If I worked in a more formal office, this blazer would be on heavy rotation! I like to dress it down with distressed jeans, but I am in love with the combo of these wide leg trousers with it. It’s such a great look for an afternoon of meetings or for a work presentation. Modcloth has had some of the cutest blazers I’ve seen while online shopping. This one is a comfy knit stretch, so it would be easy to wear all day long, and it runs true to size. I also like the mod twist it has with no lapels. It’s a true wardrobe classic. I might even pair this with a cute navy dress and heels for church one of these days. These cute trousers are from Modcloth as well; I can’t believe the gems I have found there lately! They get new arrivals almost every day, so it’s fun to check in to see what is new every few weeks.
Here are a few random things that have been on my mind:
1. This weekend we spent hours and hours unpacking boxes from our garage. Like…hours. We got so much accomplished, but it’s kind of depressing to look at all the boxes still in the garage and know how much more we have to go to be completely unpacked. Not a day goes by that I don’t thank my lucky starts for every square foot of our new place, but man…moves are exhausting, aren’t they?!
2. We finished the first book of Harry Potter with the boys last week, and they loved it! If you saw on my stories, I threw a little “Harry Potter feast” with the kids on Friday night. I basically went to Trader Joes and grabbed lots of fun finger foods and semi healthy pre-packaged dinners that would be easy to make. I draped our dining room table in gold plastic table cloth and added red flags and streamers for Gryffindor house, and I had the boys each decorate a big sheet of white poster board that we hung up for decorations. I had someone ask me if I was going to do a blog post on my dinner. Honestly, there are so many cuter and more put together Harry Potter themed parties all over pinterest! I just threw this together only for my kids. I knew they would enjoy it, and it was so nice to not stress about the food and decor being picture perfect! I let them help and decorate how they wanted, and they loved it.
A few of you messaged me about what we ate for dinner and what I called each item, so here is a list of what we did:
- Pigs in Invisibility Cloaks – mini hotdogs wrapped in puff pastries
- Hagrid Hash – chopped up sweet potatoes sautéed with kosher salt and pepper
- Herbology Salad – pre-packaged salad
- Wizard Wands – Long chocolate wafer straws
- Meat Pies – pre-made and pretty dang good! I just baked them in the oven
- Butterbeer – Just normal root beer, but I poured it in a cute cauldron and added dry ice. The boys went crazy over it!
- Every Flavor Jellybeans – Chocolate covered sunflower seeds in cute colors
(I got all of the food items at Trader Joes!)
3. I am trying my hardest to get up earlier to do my workouts, but I just keep failing! I go to bed earlier now (around 11), I lay my workout clothes on the floor, I have a good audio book or podcast in mind for the morning, and I set multiple alarms and I still can’t get up! Any secret tips for how to get my butt out of bed earlier? I feel so much better when I start my day off getting up early!
SHOP MY LOOK: