I didn’t make it out to New York Fashion Week this year, but when I can’t go, I always love watching the street style to see the up and coming trends and find pieces that inspire me. This year I saw a lot of beautiful tweed tops and tweed trim, perfect for fall and heavily influenced by iconic tweed tops and jackets in classic black and white color palettes.
I love these NYFW looks, so I wanted to see if I could find a similar piece for a lower price tag. I did some digging around on eBay and was able to find a beautiful Anthropologie top with the perfect tweed trim along the high neck and sleeves (at a fraction of the cost of a designer tweed blouse). It has been a while since my days of “bidding to win” items on ebay, and I was able to discover so many great clothing options on Ebay and picked up a few new favorite ways to shop their site!
Here are my tips for an easy and successful shopping experience on eBay:
- The filter function is your friend! Use this to only search through “Buy It Now” items for pieces you can add directly to your cart without having to bid.
- Select the “New in box/New with tags” option to ensure you are always getting an item that is brand new.
- Narrow down your search to your preferred shipping method. I searched by “free 2 day shipping” to ensure that I got my item quickly.
- Use the advanced search to narrow it down to exactly what you are looking for. eBay has approximately 1.1 billion items listed, so narrowing down your search will help find exactly what you need!
- Search based on your favorite retailers or designers- this will bring up items that will already fit with your personal style. For example, I searched “Anthropologie white blouse” and found lots of great options similar to the one I ordered!
- Make sure to check out the Daily Deals page for even more savings!
SHOP MY LOOKS ON EBAY:
WHITE BLOUSE: HERE ((shop more similar white blouses here) || BLACK JEANS: SIMILAR || BLACK PENCIL SKIRT: SIMILAR || LEATHER JACKET: SIMILAR (shop more leather jackets here) || QUAY SUNGLASSES || STEVE MADDEN SANDALS
in partnership with eBay, all thoughts and opinions are my own