Here is the thing that makes a good LBD so special- if you find the right one that fits you like a glove, you can rewear this dress to parties and events all year long with a few with just a few styling changes.
BLACK DRESS (wearing size small)
SILVER PUMPS (run tts)
BLACK VELVET BLAZER (wearing size small)
My holiday party secret weapon
With holiday parties in full swing, I wanted to talk about one of my favorite tips for perfecting a holiday party look. I love a little black dress. I feel like they are my secret weapon for a chic party look! I found this one a few weeks ago at Nordstrom and I’m really in love with the fit, cut, and fabric of this dress. Nordstrom has a handful of really beautiful little black dresses at great price points right now, I linked to my top favorites below.
Add a little sparkle and shine
I love giving my LBD a whole new look through the addition of a great metallic belt, a statement earring, this velvet blazer, some pearl hair accessories, a sequin clutch, or cute heels (how good are these brand new star sandals?)
For the friend who has everything
By starting with a really classic dress as your base, bring in shine and sparkly with your accessories. I found so many great options to style a black dress at Nordstrom right now. I listed my favorite options all at good price points (most of them are under $50). And if you are struggling to find a gift for your friend who has everything, chances are she already has a good LBD in her closet, so these velvet ball hoops would make a great gift for her to pair with it (and under $30 too!).
Have you tried this Nordstrom service?
And when it comes to last minute holiday shopping, I have started utilizing Nordstrom’s pay and pickup service – it is a life saver! Just pay for your item online, and select “pick up”. Within just a few hours you will get a text letting you know your order is ready. Pull up, shoot them a text, and someone will deliver your item to your car! I used this just last week and had a car full of sleepy boys in PJ’s and it was so convenient. I love that Nordstrom always has the customer experience in mind.
- I truly love this little black dress. The fabric is a poly/spandex blend so it’s more luxe than a knit but still has a stretch to it. It isn’t maternity, but the side ruching is flattering with or without a bump! And the high neck is really chic. It’s such a great buy for under $80 and I love that I can wear it after baby too!
- If you wanted to opt for a low pony, thest bow scrunchies are so cute and you get 2 for only $15
- If you don’t want a super high heel for your event, these leopard slides are a great option.
- Loving this metal braid stretch belt – would look so good with a LBD
- Dying over this lucite clutch. That color!
Here are my favorite little black dresses:
Jewelry for a LBD:
Clutches for a LBD:
Heels for a LBD:
Accessories for a LBD
SHOP MY LOOK
Thank you to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post