This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Olay. All opinions are 100% mine.
You know what it feels like we have a lot more time for these days? Skincare. One benefit of being cooped up inside while working from home is that I’ve noticed we are spending a little more time on our skin, especially at night when we are ready to curl up in bed, forget some of the craziness going on in the world, and enjoy a show!
MY NIGHTTIME SKINCARE HACK..
I started this little nighttime skincare “hack” a few months back and I love it so much. I’ve shared it a few times on my IG stories and it’s so fun to see you girls starting to do the same! Here is what I do…
By the end of the day I’m exhausted and I’ve been trying to climb into bed a little earlier to spend more time relaxing and de-stressing. I have started keeping a bag on my nightstand and doing my skincare routine from my bed and it’s the perfect way to relax! By the end of the day it hurts my back to stand too long in the bathroom anyway, so I brush my teeth, wash my face, then hop in bed with my nightly skincare products. Here is what I apply while binging my favorite show:
- I use my microneedling tool to prep my skin. It helps my skin absorb all of my skincare much more effectively.
- I apply my serum. I have been using Olay’s Deep Hydration Serum with Vitamin B3 + Hyaluronic Acid every single night for the past few weeks and I have loved my results. The serum acts like a cool drink of water for my skin, and I’ve noticed visibly dewy skin in the morning! I apply it by putting a full dropper of the serum into the palm of my hands, then gently pressing/ patting the serum into my skin.
- I apply my nighttime moisturizer to lock in my serum. I take my moisturizer all the way down to my neck and chest. (make sure apply the moisturizer to your neck by moving your hands up from the base of your neck to your chin, rather than stretching that skin downward)
- I put my eye cream on my ring finger and gently pat it in all around my eyes.
- I apply my lip mask to make sure my lips stay moisturized all night.
If you haven’t already, I encourage you to throw your nighttime skincare in a bag on your nightstand and try this technique! It allows all of the products to sit and absorb into my skin and Garrett doesn’t have to sit around waiting for me forever before starting a show.
LET’S TALK SERUMS
I want to dive a little deeper into serums. Why should we use a serum? A serum is a not-quite-liquid, not-quite-solid formula that delivers concentrated ingredients deep into your skin’s surface.
WHAT KIND OF SERUM SHOULD I USE?
Many of you have asked about a serum I could recommend at a good price point and after really taking the time to use it myself, I can confidently recommend Olay’s Deep Hydration Serum. This serum contains Vitamin B3 + Hyaluronic Acid and acts like a drink of water for your skin. I love how hydrated and dewy my skin is in the morning after using this serum. It’s also fragrance-free, absorbs quickly, and doesn’t contain any parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, or synthetic dyes.
OLAY’S REAL SKIN PROMISE
I am very happy to be partnering with Olay on this post because I’m so excited about their Real Skin Promise. Have you heard about it? Olay made a promise for zero skin retouching across all advertising materials. I explained this concept to my photographer when we were shooting these images and she was so excited about it as well! It allows you to clearly see my skin without layers of filters. I just had my photographer do a little lighting adjustment in the professional photos, and in the before/after below I just used natural light to showcase my skin makeup free before and after using Olay’s Deep Hydration Serum.
Before using Olay’s serum / 14 days after using Olay’s serum each night
I hope this helped clear up any questions you had on serums and I really hope you give my nighttime skincare hack a try! I promise it’s so much more relaxing from bed!
You can find Olay’s Deep Hydration Serum at Target, click here to shop!