- I graduated with an emphasis in interior design from BYU.
- I hardly ever follow patterns. They make me all nervous and sweaty and I feel like they never fit the way I want them to. I’d prefer to make it up as I go.
- I design and sell my clothing over at leannebarlow.com.
- I sew better while chewing gum.
- Things that make me happy: my little loves, fabric, interior design, J.Crew, and hydrangeas.
- I HATE feet, being cold, and life-size fake animals.
- I wash my hair every 4-5 days.
- I recently took up running and have run 2 half marathons in the past 6 months. Before I started, I thought all runners were straight crazy.
How tall are you? 5’6
How old are you? 28
Where do you live?
My husband recently graduated from law school at BYU and we recently moved just outside of Los Angeles.
How did you start designing clothing?
A few months after my first son was born, I fell head over heals in love with a skirt from Anthropologie that was way out of my price range. I became obsessed with recreating the skirt, and spent many naptimes drafting and redrafting my own pattern for it. Once it was completed it was the most liberating feeling knowing that I could create something I saw in a store for a fraction of the price! I’ve been hooked ever since.
Where is your favorite place to buy fabric online?
I really love Fabric.com . They have a great selection with great prices. I especially love the selection of knits .
Where is your favorite place to shop for fabric?
My favorite place in the world is the LA Fashion District. That is where I get 90% of my fabric. You can check out some of my past trips to the district here, here, and here.