Its finally here! Welcome to the fresh new look of Elle Apparel! I am so excited to share this bright new space with you. My site has needed a face lift for…years. But manufacturing and selling my clothing line, the launch of The Modern Girls Guide to Sewing, and the birth of my 3rd baby boy all took center stage throughout the past four years. After the dust settled, I really took my time in making my blog a reflection of me and my personal style. I am so thrilled with the outcome and I hope you love it too! I figured my birthday week was the perfect time to roll out all the changes!
First things first, I put together a HUGE GIVEAWAY to celebrate Elle Apparel’s redesign!! It’s all of my very favorite things wrapped up into a giant giveaway with EIGHT lucky winners! I’ve included all of the prizes and entry details at the bottom of this post. It’s my way of saying thank you to all of you for being so kind and supportive of my work over the years. I have made such good virtual friends with many of you through instagram, snapchat (especially those accidental video snaps your kiddos send me!), and blog post comments. You are real genuine friends and I am so grateful for you!
There are some really amazing features that I have implemented in my blog now that make it so much easier for you to find specific posts, clothing items, and gain inspiration. Here is a quick little guide for exploring my site…
- First things first, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale has its own tab (temporarily). ha ha! I keep that tab up to date with all the best finds for Women, Beauty, Baby/Kids, and Men. Check that one frequently because I’m always adding new items when other ones sell out.
- Under the SHOP tab, you can view all of my latest outfit posts on instagram and shop each look easily.
- The SHOP tab also links to my Currently Loving page, which holds all of the styles and items I am loving right now. These items are updated frequently as the styles and seasons change, so make sure you check back to see which things I have on my wishlist. I also link to my favorite styles for Men, Baby/Kids, and Home Decor as well.it’s a one stop shopping spot, and I only include items that I really love.
- I separated the CATEGORIES tab into all the different types of posts I do on Elle Apparel. It is divided up by Fashion, Beauty, Family, Interiors, Pregnancy, Health, Travel, and Holiday posts. It’s a quick way to search through what really interests you.
- With a fresh new site comes the addition of a newsletter that will keep you updated on my latest style tips, tutorials, and new trends I’m excited to try! I have a lot of fun things in store for my newsletter so make sure you subscribe.
- I am working on answering a lot of your frequently asked questions over on my FAQ page. If there is something you would like me to include, email me! I love hearing from you!
- Now this is one of the features I am most excited about. I have categorized all of my outfit posts by Casual, Dressy, Momiform, and Maternity looks under the LOOKBOOK tab. So if you just found out that you are expecting and have no idea how to dress that growing bump in the first trimester, its easy to find my “Dressing the Bump” series for lots of first trimester style ideas. Or, if you have a fancy office party coming up next month, you can get lots of dress inspiration easily. I tailored this feature specifically for you.
- My sewing tutorials are all like my little babies (..girl babies!) and they needed their own personal space. Check out my TUTORIALS tab to see all of the dozens and dozens of clothing tutorials I have done.
- If you are a business interested in collaborating with Elle Apparel, you can check out my Collaborate page. It shows you exactly what Elle Apparel is about, links to past collaborations I have done, and the correct contact email so that we can start working together!
********************* GIVEAWAY CLOSED**********************
all the giveaway winners are posted at the bottom of this post
Here it is! This is a giveaway I have been excitedly planning for months and months. When I first put together this giveaway, I sat down and listed out all of my favorite things and then figured out how I could share them with you! I am giving away EIGHT separate prizes, so there will be EIGHT winners total (each winner gets one of the eight prizes). Here is what you can win…
3. VANITY PLANET’S SPIN FOR PERFECT SKIN BRUSH ($100 value – U.S. entries only): I am obsessed with this and take it everywhere with me. It has smoothed and cleared my complexion and everyone needs one. If you don’t win, I can get you one for 70% off with this link (or use code LBSpin at checkout).
5. DERMSTORE’S TEXTURE TAME TREATMENT ($199 value- U.S. entries only): This treatment completely transformed my hair and eliminated any frizz, leaving it smooth and glossy. I was so impressed by the results! (you can view my review post on it here)
7. PETUNIA PICKLEBOTTOM CITY SPECIAL EDITION BOXY BACKPACK ($215 value- U.S. entries only): I have used this bag from Petunia Picklebottom as my main diaper bag for 11 months now, and it is still in amazing condition! The limited edition has the gold hardware, and I love this bag to death!
8. MODERN GIRLS GUIDE TO SEWING COURSE ($99 value): I am so thrilled to be able to give one winner access to either the Beginner’s course or the Intermediate course to our Modern Girls Guide to Sewing online videos. Sewing and designing clothing is such a passion for me and I can’t wait to share it with one of you!
MANDATORY ENTRY: Subscribe to my new newsletter by entering your name and email in the box below, and leave me a comment on this post listing the email you used to subscribe with and list the prize numbers you would like to win (starting with the one you want most). This will ensure that if you win, it’s a prize that you want! You can list as many giveaway numbers as you would like, just make sure it is only on one comment.
(For example: “Jane@gmail.com. I would love giveaway 6, 1, 5, or 2”)
FOR A SECOND ENTRY: Follow me over on Instagram (@leannebarlow) and then leave me a second comment on this post that says “following!” If you already follow me on Insta, it’s an easy second entry! Just make sure you comment below letting me know.
I will select 8 winners randomly and announce them on this post on August 7th. We will check to make sure all winners have fulfilled the giveaway requirements.
Good luck everyone!
THE GIVEAWAY WINNERS ARE….
- 1. $100 BAUBLEBAR GIFT CARD: Lynsey Rohrbach (email@example.com)
- 2. $100 SOLE SOCIETY GIFT CARD: Stephanie Cisneros (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 3. VANITY PLANET’S SPIN FOR PERFECT SKIN BRUSH: Hannah Thacker (email@example.com)
- 4. $100 NORDSTROM GIFT CARD: Amy Pugmire (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 5. DERMSTORE’S TEXTURE TAME TREATMENT: Becca Ashby (email@example.com)
- 6. $100 ZAPPOS GIFT CARD: Chira Speers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 7. PETUNIA PICKLEBOTTOM CITY SPECIAL EDITION BOXY BACKPACK: Kaitlin Young (email@example.com)
- 8. MODERN GIRLS GUIDE TO SEWING COURSE: Lindsay Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org)
IF YOU WON, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL WITHIN 48 HOURS TO ADVERTISE@LEANNEBARLOW.COM TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE! (any unclaimed prizes after 48 hours will be redrawn and announced here)
Thank you thank you to everyone who entered! I read each and everyone of your comments and some of them had me in tears! You guys are the best!
I used Blush Creative Studio to create my new site and I couldn’t be happier! I would highly recommend them!