For Halloween this year our family did an ‘Under the Sea’ theme (you can view the post with our family pictures here). I loved how my mermaid costume turned out! It was really simple and if you watch my snapchat, you saw me start this costume at 11:30pm the night before 😉 What can I say, I work better under pressure! I listed the tutorial for my costume and all the links to my hair/jewelry/make-up details below..
I found the most perfect mermaid inspired earrings here.
I wanted to do a different mermaid costume than the typical Ariel mermaid, and didn’t want to go too literal with the seashell bra, so I kept this one pretty simple and just let the fabric do the talking. I originally wanted to do a silver top, but I found this gold lame at Jo-anns and it was too good to pass up. My hair/makeup details are below, and then follow the jump at the bottom of this post for the full sewing tutorial for how to make this simple mermaid costume!
I have been doing my own eyelash extensions for the past year- I wrote a whole tutorial on how I do them and you can check it out here.
- DROP EARRINGS
- LUXY HAIR EXTENSIONS (I used the 24″ extensions in Beach Blonde and had my hairdresser darken them a bit to match the darker parts of my hair.)
- TOPSHOP CHAMELEON GLOW HIGHLIGHTER (I used this on my eyes and on top of my lipstick. I’m OBSESSED with this!)
- TOPSHOP ALL OVER HIGHLIGHTER (I used this on my chest, the tip of my nose, forehead, and cheekbones. This highlighter made the whole look!
- THE COLOR ‘COGNAC’ FROM THIS PALETTE (I used this darker bonze in the creases of my eyes)
- THE COLOR ‘DIRTYSWEET’ COLOR FROM THIS PALETTE (In the middle and in the inner corners of my eyes)
- MARY KAY GLOWING FINISH ILLUMINATING STICK (on my cheeks)
- MAKEUP SETTING SPRAY (I swear by this stuff. I bought the biggest bottle and it keeps my makeup fresh and in place all day!)
- MAC LIPLINER IN ‘BOLDLY BARE’ (I colored in my lips with it and wore it as my lipstick. It’s my favorite liner color right now)
- MATTE BRONZER (This bronzer is so good and so cheap! Its under $5 and its my daily bronzer)
Follow the jump below for the costume tutorial…